Thursday, December 1, 2011

WRECKED: WHERE ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?

I'm Adrien Brody damn it!!! Maybe somebody ought to have remembered that before making this film... perhaps, Adrien Brody?! This man wakes up. He is in a car. There is a dead body in the back seat, another tossed from the wreck and no civilization to be seen. What do you do? Call your agent! This is a slow movie, spent mostly watching Brody cope with the situation at hand of which he can't remember anything about. It is a long drawn out process which spans the entire length of the movie, until at the very end, we finally get the payoff. Let's just say, this time, I liked the dog. It reminded me a lot of 127 Hours, except it is more visceral and psychologically complicated. Again, not what I'd call a great movie, but it kept my interest and I cared about the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, make a comment!