Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Academy Awards

I am indecisive in all aspects of my life and the Academy Awards are the worst. I don't understand how you can compare films in one category that are nothing alike. That being said, I have two pick categories; the one that will likely win and the one that should win.


Picture:

Silver Linings Playbook and Les Miserables were very different, yet both excellent films. I'm leaning toward Silver Linings. Argo should win but without a best director nod to Ben Affleck, it's doubtful. Life of Pi was visually stunning, but not a winner. Django Unchained is too controversial for the Academy and should have been edited better, although it too was excellent.

Actor:

Daniel Day Lewis will win. Hugh Jackman and Bradley Cooper are my close seconds. I will be amazed if Lewis doesn't take this category.

Actress:

One old, one young; not enough to win the award. Jennifer Lawrence was great and Jessica Chastain will most likely get the Oscar.

Director:

Without Ben Affleck getting nominated (wow!) I would resort to previous winner for the Fighter, David Russell. Steven Spielberg will most likely win for Lincoln.

Supporting Actor:

Robert Dinero was excellent in Silver Linings, but Christoph Waltz was amazing in Django and should win. Alan Arkin may win for Argo.


 
Supporting Actress:

Anne Hathaway was exquisite in Les Mis, but Helen Hunt may come out and take the win for The Sessions.

Winning an Oscar doesn't make a film better or a performance more outstanding. This is the product of the masses. Either way I will be watching with baited breath!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/24/2013

    Thanks for the marvelous posting! I cеrtainlу enјoyed reading
    it, уou might be a great author.I will mаke cеrtain to booκmark уour blog and will
    comе back in thе futurе. I wаnt to encourage
    yourself to continue уour great wοrk, have a nice morning!


    Take a look at my homеpage :: Download Jvzoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/01/2013

    Ιf some onе wants еxpеrt νiew concerning blogging
    then i propοse him/her to visіt this blog, Кeер uρ the pleasant jоb.



    Mу web blog - no hands seo Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/25/2013

    Ahaa, itѕ fastіdiouѕ ԁiscussion on the topiс of thіѕ
    article at this place at this webрage, I haѵе rеaԁ аll that, sо noω mе also commentіng at this plaсе.


    mу рage gscraper Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/25/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/07/2013

    Hеy! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

    my site; article submitter software

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/12/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, make a comment!