Thursday, July 10, 2008

DRILBIT TAYLOR

DRILLBIT TAYLOR IS NO BOOT CAMP

"Drillbit Taylor: You'd be surprised, anything can be turned into a weapon of mayhem or destruction. Emmit: Even a puppy? Drillbit Taylor: Especially a puppy. The Germans used em' in World War I. De Hundin Schtorman, Lightning Dog. They'd attach dynamite to them,
Rommel did it, jerry bastard..."

An open letter to Owen Wilson:

Dear Owen (I can call you that right?) First, OMG, what are YOU doing reading my blog? Thank you so much. I have loved you from a far for many years. You had me at Bottle Rockets. Then Zoolander and then the other Ben Stiller, Wes Anderson movies. Considering we've never met, I will continue to adore you and laugh at your silly pranks. Call me anytime. Now, please don't take all this love away as I write the following. In fact, just scroll down to the next review. OK?

I have never been so let down by a movie than I was this one. I thought having Seth Rogen from Superbad would be funny. Instead, they mixed Superbad with crap and got Drillbit. The three kids in this film were almost identical to the 3 kids in Superbad. Except the three in Superbad knew how to act and were pretty funny and original. The dialogue falls flat and hollow. The script was just not heavy enough to pull in Owen Wilson. This was no doubt Owen Wilson's movie and we were all just watching him. If only he didn't have to read the script, it would have been great.
1/2 Pick: Only for Wilson fans, otherwise watch Superbad again and get some laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, make a comment!